There is so much I want to teach my kids. With my recent health news, I have given a lot of thought to many different things pertaining to life and as I sit in the chair for one of my treatments, I started to write down some of the things I want my kids to know about me and about life in general. Here are 25 thoughts that popped into my mind right away. They are not in any specific order and there is much more I want them to know, but these are just a few thoughts that came to my mind.
1. I love Jesus!
2. I love them – outside of my salvation, they are God’s greatest gifts to me, along with their mother.
3. I have made a lot of mistakes, but try and learn from them.
4. Always try your best.
5. I honestly want to see broken, hurting people made whole.
6. I love their mother deeply!
7. I want them to succeed in whatever they decide to do.
8. I love them. No matter what!
9. I wish I could better articulate my love for them!
10. They make me so proud!
11. Jesus is everything!
12. Be full of grace.
13. Eat well. Live right!
14. Learn to love deeply.
15. Learn to be a good listener.
16. Always choose to forgive.
17. Serve God faithfully.
18. I had a lot of insecurities growing up and even still do today.
19. Work hard.
20. I was a drug addict for 10 years but Jesus saved me.
21. I have struggled greatly in life with insecurities.
22. Growing up I was afraid of the dark.
23. I was teased a lot in junior high.
24. Just be yourself!
25. I am not a quitter.
What do you want your kids to know about you?