God is a generous God! It is His nature. Humanity was created in His image (Genesis 1:26). Because we were created in His image, we should be like Him. We should be looking daily for opportunities to be showing the world how generous God really is. The church should be leading the charge with being generous. There are many practical ways we can do this, here are a few:
1. Deliver fresh-baked cookies to a neighbor or co-worker.
2. Bring flowers to someone.
3. Offer to baby-sit for free.
4. Pay for someone’s Starbucks/Tim Hortons coffee behind you in the drive-through.
5. Pay for someone’s fast food meal behind you in the drive-through.
6. Send a note of encouragement to someone.
7. Give another driver your parking spot.
8. Give a gift to the postman or delivery person.
9. Leave a big tip for a waiter or waitress.
10. Pay for someone’s movie that is behind you in line.
11. Slip a $20 bill to someone who you know is struggling financially.
12. Pay for someone’s meal or dessert at a restaurant.
13. Bake goodies and take them to the police station, fire station, or hospital.
14. Take a box of doughnuts to a school, office, etc.
15. Cook a meal for a neighbor or co-worker.
What else would you add to this list?